Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cook Book Tuesday

In my house, every Tuesday is what we call Cook Book Tuesday. Now don't laugh,
it's fun while it also helps to keep the family at the table (thats a rule).We use recipes
that are healthy and we stick to it.
We used to have Pizza Tuesday's but as you can imagine the waist line was growing
so that quickly got switched (yes even Personal Trainers eat pizza, ok maybe not all
do but this one does..lol)
Now you don't have to have the traditional "Family" I certainly don't but what I do
have are 2 young boys, myself and my date man. He is an awesome cook so that's
real fun for me, WHAT A BENEFIT!! Tonight we are having Breakfast for Dinner,
I like this because it's easy and wow, you get protein and healthy carbs in a very fast
and yummy meal. I will chat about protein and carbs another day but this is the recipe for tonight..

4 egg whites
1 egg yolk
2 Tbsp skim milk
1 Plum tomato, chopped
1 garlic clove
1 good handful fresh spinach
1 Tbsp chopped onion
Olive oil cooking spray

Scramble up those egg whites with the yolk of course.
Saute' the veggies just til they are soft (not too soft)
Now this is your choice, you can either do this omelet style
which would be to pour eggs into a fry pan, cook til firm then add
veggies to one side and flip the other side over. Nice perfect omelet
there or you can do it my way, use the same fry pan you softed veggies in,
pour eggs over your veggies and mix it together..Yummy either way.

This recipe has 203 cals/20g protein/18g carbs/2g fiber..
This recipe is 1 serving, double to how many you are serving..
"Tip of the day"..make extra, you can use leftovers for your next meal,
add a whole wheat wrap and you have a breakfast burrito..You can Thank me later!!

Recipe today is from The Eat Clean Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment